The Juvenile Sex Offender
8 CE hours available
Specialized Training Services is approved by the
American Psychological Association to sponsor
continuing education for psychologists.
Specialized Training Services retains
responsibility for this program.
From leading scientists and practitioners, this authoritative work examines what is known about the nature and development of juvenile sexual offending, the consequences for both victims and perpetrators, and approaches to assessment, intervention, and relapse prevention. Pathways of normal sexual development are described, and the biological, social, and psychological processes that lead to sexual conduct problems are investigated. The book explores how juvenile offenders are dealt with in the mental health and criminal justice systems, reviews available psychological and pharmacological treatment approaches, and provides research-based recommendations for improving existing practices.
Readers of this CE will be supported to:
- Describe the dynamics associated with juvenile sexual offending.
- List the consequences of juvenile sexual offending on victims.
- List the consequences of juvenile sexual offending on perpetrators.
- Describe best practices for the assessment of juvenile sexual offending.
- Describe best practices for the treatment of juvenile sexual offending.
- Describe best practices for relapse prevention with juvenile sexual offenders.
$29.99 (Includes book, test, and CE certificate upon passing), $20.00 (for test and CE certificate upon passing)