The Abusive Personality
8 CE hours available
Specialized Training Services is approved by the
American Psychological Association to sponsor
continuing education for psychologists.
Specialized Training Services retains
responsibility for this program.
The Abusive Personality provides an innovative framework for understanding and treating intimate partner violence. Integrating a variety of theoretical and empirical perspectives, Donald G. Dutton demonstrates that male abusiveness is more than just a learned pattern of behavior–it is the outgrowth of a particular personality configuration. He illuminates the development of the abusive personality from early childhood to adulthood and presents an evidence-based treatment approach designed to meet this population’s unique needs. The second edition features two new chapters on the neurobiological roots of abusive behavior and the development of abusiveness in females.
Readers of this CE will be supported to:
- Describe early explanations for individuals developing abusive personalities.
- Identify environmental factors associated with the development of abusive personalities.
- Describe the psychology associated with the cycle of violence.
- List the data associated with the structure of the abusive personality.
- Describe the primitive origins of rage.
- Describe attachment rage.
- Describe the sociopsychoneurobiology of attachment.
- Describe evidence-based treatment interventions for abusive personalities.
$49.99 (Includes book, test, and CE certificate upon passing), $20.00 (for test and CE certificate upon passing)